Preparation Time : 10 min
Cook Time : 25 min
Total Time : 35 min
- 1kg – Gram flour (besan)
- 200g – Sugar
- 55g – Salt
- 1,200kg – Water
- 5g – Turmeric powder
- 30g – Citric acid crystals
- 30g – Baking Soda
- 200g – Oil
- 20g – Mustard seed
- 30g – Sesame seeds
- 60g – Chilly
- 20g – Ginger
- 1ltr – Water
- 100g – Sugar
- 16g – salt
- 2 Twig curry leaves
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the Nylon Khaman.
- In a big bowl add water(1200g), citric acid crystals, salt, sugar and turmeric and mix well.
- Add besan and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
- Then add baking soda & mix well. If it is not mix then in khaman red dots will happen.
- Grease the steaming tin with drops of oil and pour the mixture into it. Steam it about 20-25 minutes or till cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Then add mustard seeds to the hot oil. when they splutter, add the sesame seeds.
- Then add chilly, ginger & curry leaves saute for 1 min.
- Then add water, sugar & salt.
- Take out khaman & after some time cut khaman into medium pieces.
- Pour the tadka over the prepared khaman.
- Serve hot.