Preparation Time : 30 min
Cook Time : 25 min
Total Time : 55 min
- 300g – Rice
- 200g – Split bengal pea (chana dal)
- 200g – Split black gram (urad dal)
- 100g – Split pigeon pea (toor dal)
- 100g – Split red lentil (masoor dal)
- 100g – Split green gram
- 50g – Soya bean
- 100g – Chilly paste
- 150g – Curd (sour)
- 30g – Ginger
- 5g – Soda
- 3g – Turmeric powder
- Methi (soaked for 1 hour)
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the Steamed Dhokla.
- Rinse all dal with water a couple of times.
- Soak the dal in enough water for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add the all dal in a grinder jar/dhokla maker also add curd .
- Also the batter should not be too thick nor thin but like a dhokla batter. Remove the steamed dhokla batter in a mixing bowl or vessel. Keep it over night.
- Then add chilly, ginger (paste), turmeric powder, soda/fruit salt, fenugreek (methi) & mix well.
- In dhokla machine heat water and let it come to boil. Grease a pan with some oil & add steamed dhokla batter tray.
- Then keep in dhokla machine for dfv min.
- After 5-10 min cut into piece & serve hot.