Preparation Time : 30 min
Cook Time : 25 min
Total Time : 55 min
Servings : 100
- 1kg – Gram flour (channa ka karkara lot)
- 300g – Mon (150g milk & 150g ghee)
- 500g – Sauteing ghee or as required
- 1kg – Sugar
- 410g – Water (Burn – 30g)
- 1pic – Nutmeg powder (Jaifal)
- 10g – Cardamom powder
- Milk masala/Buchanania lanzan(charoli) as required
Note : –
- Change syrup water burning measurement according to season.
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the Mohanthal.
- Heat milk and ghee till it boils.
- Add the milk-ghee mixture and mix with turner till it resembles breadcrumbs. Keep it for 15-20 min.
- Pass it through thick sieve, pressing lightly to remove lumps.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan/kadai, add the sieved gram flour and saute on medium heat.
- Stirring continuously, till fragrant and dark in colour. Set aside 10-15 minuters to cool.
- Cook together water and sugar to make a syrup.
- After cooking syrup burn 30 g water. Then keep it a side for 2 minutes to cool.
- Add the syrup little by little, to the gram flour mixture then add nutmeg powder(Jaifal) and green cardamom powder to the gram flour and mix well. Then keep it side till it become tight.
- Grease an aluminium tray. Pour into the greased tray and spread 3 cm evenly.
- Sprinkle milk masala/buchanania lanzan(charoli) over the gram flour mixture and press lightly. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut into squares, separate the pieces and serve.